Here’s how you can make Gujiya with a twist!!!!
Today’s #FB-LiveWithChefAshish was no less than a roller coaster of flavours and fun. If you missed experiencing the EZMall MasterChef Challenge live, then here’s the winning recipe for you:
EZRecipe: Angrezi Gujiya
- Refined flour (Maida) 2 cups
- Ghee 1 cup
- Refined Oil 1L (for frying)
- Milk 2 cups
- Bread 4 slices
- Sugar 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder 2 spoons
- Cashews 10 pieces
- Nutmeg Powder (Jaayfal) ½ pinch
- Strawberries 7 pc.
- Lemon ½ piece
- Sugar ½ cup
- Water ½ cup
- Pistachios 20 pc.
- Chocolate Morde (Melted) 1 cup
- Mint Leaves
- Make dough using Maida and Ghee – mix with water (keep the dough tight)
- For Filling: Dip 4 slices of bread in a bowl of milk (for 2-3 mins)
- Take the pan and pour one spoon of ghee
- Place the dipped bread slice into the pan
- Add cashew nuts, sugar, cardamom powder and 4-5 spoons of milk
- Mix it will until it gets light brown
- Filling is now ready
- Take another pan; add water, sugar and crushed strawberries
- Sauté it until it gets little tight
- Add lemon juice
- Coolie is prepared
- Now, make small circular slices using the dough
- Add one spoon of filling
- Roll it like a Gujiya
- Then, deep fry until it gets little brown
- Wrap it with melted chocolate
- Dip the Gujiya in a bowl full of crushed Pistachios
- Serve it with Coolie Sauce
Angrezi Gujiya is Ready!
Follow us on Facebook and stay tuned for more easy recipes coming your way every Friday with Chef Ashish!